Friday, January 30, 2009

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Well it is another beautiful day here on the central coast! They had some wild and dangerous ice storms in OK and AR. I have relatives back there so we checked in on them, got two responses back, they lost power for a while but are safe. I guess I was  a bit mean when I told them our weather was sunny and warm! The Ocean was like glass this morning as I was driving up to SLO. It would have been a great morning for boating. The swells must have gotten bigger as my youngest son was out taking pictures of friends surfing later in the day. On these warm days the monarch butterflies are floating about, you can always tell when it is above 70 cause they start appearing. Living thermometers.  I noticed some fruit tress pushing some buds at a friend's house. 
Yesterday we got to take Alycia's trailer to help a friend get her horse back to her house from her mom's. She(the owner) had tried several times to get her (the horse) into her old trailer and the horse was not about to go in! No way , nohow! besides why would she want to leave all the treats she was getting from the neighbors? So , we were expecting a bit of a tussle and battle of wills.... Mercedes (the horse) walked up to the trailer sniffed at the interior, her owner stepped in , she stepped in with her front feet, slight hesitation and in stepped her hind feet...ooops she tripped a little, (I thought for sure she was going to come back out!) nope!, she kept moving forward and her owner tied her up they shut the door and the owner and her mom were dumbfounded that it was done!  10 minutes tops!!! She didn't fuss too much during travel and seemed happy to be back home when she was unloaded and put into her old corral.  So we had a productive day yesterday! Not to mention that Alycia got to show off her mad trailering skills! 
Super Bowl is this weekend, it is about the only game I watch! We will watch it after we get to SKYPE with John Michael and Abra. That should be great fun!! (the SKYPE ) 
Well that's all from our part of the globe...for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment